Friday, September 20, 2013

Opera Roundup

This week has been filled with opera related matters, including a fun little project comparing multiple performances of the same recitative passage. I covered "Tutto è disposto" from Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro. 

My results:





You can compare the three examples yourself with this playlist that I created. Help me out: what differences did I leave out? Check the score using this link.




I took some good notes in class, some of which will be unintelligible, and some which will be perfectly clear.





And of course, my scores came in:

What's on my desk? Poulenc, Dialogues des Carmélites #onmydesk #jordanconductor

Every time I start in earnest on a work that is new to me, I feel like Columbus, wind and sea in my face, embarking on a grand voyage. This ship has left the harbor. #poulenc #dialogues

And I've since been hard at work compiling this into a usable chart....





No comments:

Post a Comment