Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hearts and Minds

I was deeply moved by these beautiful words. Please read this beautiful articulation of a music fan's relationship to classical music. These are the people whose hearts and minds we're after in the classical music world. People who appreciate classical music, maybe don't yet know enough of it, but who know exactly what they want from music and can describe it so eloquently. Becky writes:

"I do not have any formal musical training, so I kind of feel over my head just posting on this page at all. I tried to read through some of the discussion but I got lost. I like a wide variety of music & like some things that might appear on a classical station like Beethoven's 9th Symphony or Moonlight Sonata, or some Gregorian Chant, or Nutcracker. But I would not usually just sit down & listen to the classical station."

(Post also embedded below)






No comments:

Post a Comment